Disney and running fans, your dream races have returned! Starting this fall, runDisney will be heading back to Walt Disney World. Today, Disney announced the 2021-2022 runDisney race season. Here’s a look at what’s happening with runDisney this season!
runDisney 2021-2022 Race Season
There are four events for the runDisney season and it kicks off this November with events through early April. Here are the races this year:
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend powered by AfterShokz: November 4-7, 2021
- Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend: January 5-9, 2022
- Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend: February 24-27, 2022
- runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend presented by Otterbox: March 31-April 3, 2022
The kickoff race event, the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend, has a special theme: Wickedly Delicious. This event will include a 5K, 10K, half marathon, and Disney Two Course Challenge (10K and the half marathon). At the Post-Race Party, participants can relax at EPCOT’s International Food & Wine Festival during an exclusive after-hours event to celebrate the runners’ accomplishments – with a wicked little nod to Disney’s villains.
In addition to the races, there are a few more special events from runDisney this upcoming season.
- runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend: Each race season, the fourth weekend will be the runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend that will include different race themes and distances each year.
- Disney Princess Sunrise Yoga: On the first morning of the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend, runDisney will host Disney Princess Sunrise Yoga in front of Cinderella Castle, before the theme park opens. The professionally led yoga session will be the most magical way to prepare your mind and body for a race!
- Virtual Races: All runDisney races will have a virtual race option, allowing runDisney fans across the country to participate in your favorite races, even if you can’t make it to Walt Disney World to run in person. Runners will be encouraged to run on the same morning of the on-site events, and will receive the same finisher medals!
- Just for Kids: The runDisney Kids Races during each event weekend will become runDisney Kids Adventures, focused on health, fitness, and fun for kids!
Although having runDisney in-person is a major improvement from the exclusively virtual events from last season, there are still changes from the “regular” races. Participants are recommended to frequently review details at www.rundisney.com for any announcement of changes.
Disney Ticket & Travel Deals
(Discount Theme Park Tickets and Travel Packages)
It’s time to give the family something to look forward to. Our travel partners at Get Away Today are here to help you with that by planning a future theme park vacation. There are all sorts of new theme park tickets and travel deals, including a 2 free days offer at Walt Disney World, hotel discounts, ticket deals to various theme parks, and now TICKETS TO DISNEYLAND: More details and to get a quote (HERE)